What are Diamond Grading Certificates/Reports?
By Rubina Posh January 26,2017
Diamond Grading Certificates or Reports are documents that include a review of the internal and external characteristics of a loose diamond without allocating a dollar value.
Whether the diamond grading report provided is from ADGL; AGS; GIA; HRD; IGI; IGL; SGTL(Auscert) or any other independent lab it includes the following information:
- Diamond Report Number;
- Shape of the Diamond;
- Measurements of the Diamond;
- Grading based on the 4C’s – (carat; colour; clarity & cut);
- Diamond proportions – (table size & depth; crown height & angle; pavilion depth & angle; girdle; culet; length to width ration for shapes such as emerald, marquise & pear);
- The Finish of the Diamond – polish; symmetry; girdle thickness;
- A Plotting Diagram showing where & what type of inclusions are inside and outside of the diamond; as well as
- Any comments that may be required such as a laser inscription on the girdle